Practical And Peaceful Divorce Solutions For Indiana
Filing for divorce is stressful, and it can put a lot of heavy struggles on a household. I am attorney Portland Schnitzius. I have over 30 years of experience making the divorce process smooth and keeping the peace between family members.
At Portland A. Schnitzius, Attorney at Law, you’ll work directly with me to develop your case. I provide hands-on, one-on-one service to ensure you’re getting personalized and efficient legal counsel in the Hamilton County area.
What Is The Indiana Divorce Process?
If you’re ready to file for divorce, it’s important that you consult a professional Indiana divorce attorney about your case. The first step is to fill out an online intake form. From there, I will:
- Meet with you for a consultation to develop your case.
- File a petition for dissolution in the county in which you live. (You must live here for at least six months prior.)
- Request a preliminary hearing to discuss child custody, expenses and marital debts.
- Complete financial declarations with clients and assist with crafting the property settlement.
- Mediate the formal discovery process, or gathering all information related to marital assets and debt.
After completing the formal discovery process, there are three ways to reach a property settlement: Negotiation, mediation or a final hearing. Your divorce could involve one, two or all three of these methods. I always strive for collaborative, calm approaches to achieve your goals.
The Benefits Of Collaborative Divorce
With my extensive background in divorce mediation and collaborative law, I have seen firsthand the many upsides of collaborative divorce. Just a few of these include:
- Maintain amicability
- More control over the outcome
- Keep the issues private
- Avoid an uncertain trial
- Minimize expenses
- Finish things as soon as possible
Collaborative divorce works best for former spouses who are willing to communicate with each other and sit down face to face. You must also prepare to make compromises on certain issues. If these apply to you, then I may be able to represent you with an Indiana collaborative divorce.
Ask A Lawyer About Amicable Divorce Today
If you are interested in approaching your divorce without acrimony, consider working with Portland A. Schnitzius, Attorney at Law. Make an appointment with me by calling 317-953-2995 or by using my online contact form.